This template is provided by OpenElement and was conducted in partnership with Sensode.
A complete faq in possible on the various elements composing it. If faults or questions, please visit the forum.
This text block can be safely removed and will not appear on the page.
This site is dedicated to all these heroes died in the fight during the World War II and more particularly , the private first class Frank KAMINSKI , matricule 33354254
It was in the American army, 329th infantry regiment, 83rd infantry division , K company . He fell under the enemy bullets on July 6th, 1944 not far from Sainteny (Le Culot) in Normandy (FRANCE) and he is buried in the Colleville Sur Mer's American cemetery in Normandy (FRANCE).
The site picture represents the "Victory Squad" from the 329th Infantry Regiment. 
Seven men who had their hair cut to spell the word "Victory". (picture taken March 25, 1944)
"V" Frank Brown, Linfield, Pennsylvania.  
"I" Roland Hall, Coal Center, Pennsylvania.  
"C" James Cobb, Bradford, Pennsylvania.  
"T" Frank Kaminski, Scranton, Pennsylvania.  
"O" Phillip Larson, Duluth, Minnesota.  
"R" Harry Lausch, Ephrata, Pennsylvania.  
"Y" Wiley Harmon, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
If you have information about the first class FRANK KAMINSKI, army serial number 33354254, died July 6, 1944 in Normandy, the place of his death, the position of the 329th Infantry Regiment of the 83rd Division on that date then use .... the contact form available here.
The 83rd Division
The division was activated in September 1917 and inactivated in October 1919 after World War I. 
The division was re-activated in August 1942. 
The 83d Infantry Division arrived in England in April 1944. After training in Wales, the division landed at Omaha Beach, 18 June 1944, and entered the hedgerow struggle south of Carentan, 27 June. Taking the offensive, the 83d reached the St. Lo-Periers Road, 25 July, and advanced 8 miles (13 km) against strong opposition as the Normandy campaign ended. 
After a period of training, elements of the division took Châteauneuf-d'Ille-et-Vilaine, 5 August, and Dinard, 7 August, and approached the heavily fortified area protecting St. Malo. Intense fighting reduced enemy strong points and a combined attack against the Citadel Fortress of St. Servan caused its surrender, 17 August. While elements moved south to protect the north bank of the Loire River, the main body of the division concentrated south of Rennes for patrolling and reconnaissance activities. Elements reduced the garrison at Ile de Cézembre, which surrendered, 2 September. On 16 September 1944: the only surrender of a German Major General B. H. Elster to US-troops with 18,850 men and 754 officers at the Loire bridge of Beaugency. The movement into Luxembourg was completed on 25 September. Taking Remich on the 28th and patrolling defensively along the Moselle, the 83d resisted counterattacks and advanced to the Siegfried Line defenses across the Sauer after capturing Grevenmacher and Echternach, 7 October. As the initial movement in operation "Unicorn," the division took Le Stromberg Hill in the vicinity of Basse Konz against strong opposition, 5 November, and beat off counterattacks. 
Moving to the Hurtgen Forest, the 83d thrust forward from Gressenich to the west bank of the Roer. It entered the Battle of the Bulge, 27 December, striking at Rochefort and reducing the enemy salient in a bitter struggle. The division moved back to Belgium and the Netherlands for rehabilitation and training, 22 January 1945. On 1 March, the 83d advanced toward the Rhine in Operation Grenade, and captured Neuss. The west bank of the Rhine from north of Oberkassel to the Erft Canal was cleared and defensive positions established by 2 March and the division renewed its training. The 83d crossed the Rhine south of Wesel, 29 March, and advanced across the Munster Plain to the Weser, crossing it at Bodenwerder. As opposition disintegrated, Halle fell on 6 April. The division crossed the Leine, 8 April, and attacked to the east, pushing over the Harz Mountain region and advancing to the Elbe at Barby. That city was taken on the 13 April. The 83rd established a bridgehead over the river. 
On 11 April 1945 the 83rd encountered Langenstein, a subcamp of the Buchenwald concentration camp. At the camp, the troops found approximately 1,100 inmates. The inmates were malnourished and in extremely poor physical condition. The 83rd reported the death rate at the camp to be 500 per month. Also, that the prisoners had been forced to work 16 hour days in nearby mines, and were shot if they became too weak to work. After liberation, the death rate continued at approximately 25-50 people per day, due to the severe physical debilitation of the prisoners. 
To slow the spread of sickness and death, the 83rd ordered the local German mayor to supply the camp with food and water. Also, medical supplies were requisitioned from the U.S. Army's 20th Field Hospital. In addition, the 83rd recovered documents for use by war crimes investigators. 
The Division was returned to U.S. the 26 March 1946 and inactivated the 5 April 1946.

Source : Wikipedia

Coming soon ...
Coming soon ...
Coming soon ...
Coming soon ...
Coming soon ...
Coming soon ...
 You have information about Frank KAMINSKI?
You have information on the K Company of the 329th Infantry Regiment?
Any questions or comments?
You can contact us by this form.